Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Blissful Tropics

by AJ/Skald

Kicked back with a pipe... to my left a buzzing green mountain washed in darkness. A Sea shadow rolling to my right; stars above. Ahh Thailand.

Im ready to return to the tropics. Life wasnt perfect. I had my ups and downs. But I was happier there than any place in recent memory (5-10 years). Bangkok, for sure, got to me: frazzled, irritable on occaision... and the NOISE! Thats when the islands and the mountains called.

In Thailand I had access to euphoric plants. In Thailand I could indulge my movie habit almost every day ($2 movies!). I ate well. I visited temples. I lounged on beaches and rode scooters to villages.

It was always warm, almost always sunny. I had fewer money concerns. I could live, meagerly, off a writing income.... and live well off teaching and writing combined.

In Thailand I had transcendent visions. In Thailand I discovered innovative teaching methods.

Joseph Campbell wrote, "Follow Your Bliss, where ever it takes you".

My bliss resides in the tropics.

My bliss is calling me back to Thailand.

.......

No comments: