Monday, March 12, 2007

Nuts & Bolts

by Skald

If there are any longtime Hobopoet readers left out there.. they know that this little blog has been on semi-vacation for quite a while.

The reason is simple, I didn't know what to write. For over a year now, I've been in transition from Hobopoet living in Thailand to Cyber-Bedouin living in San Francisco. The Bedouin part only started last October, when I finally launched my English teaching website.

Until then, I was only teaching part time at a school here in the city-- living cheap.. but otherwise doing nothing much of interest. I simply didn't have anything interesting or useful to write.. because I wasn't doing anything interesting.

After starting the website, I knew the cyber-hobopoet (or "bedouin") experiment could be useful and interesting. But, to be honest, I feared it would quickly flop and I'd look like a total idiot for writing about it. Another concern is that when I started the site, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. "Flying blind" is a kind way to put it.

But now I've been at it for about 5 months and have more of a clue. The website hasn't flopped. Quite the contrary, it has slowly grown. Little by little, Im learning. Little by little Im improving.

And now that I have a few months of experience under my belt, I feel I have more to share.

So when I have the time, I'll be posting more to this blog. I'll be focusing on issues related to my current cyber-bedouin experiment.. including the nuts and bolts issues of starting your own web micro-business.

No comments: