Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Well whaddya know?

I'd no sooner posted that article about war when I surfed over to cnn.com... and whadyya know!! There's Dubya on the front page rambling on about war:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/28/bush.speech/index.html

A couple of things:

1) Now that I live outside of the fear mongering 'Merican media none of his arguments work for/on me. I'm not paranoid any more... I don't watch the 6 o'clock news that breeds that fear.

2) Whenever he used the word 'democracy' or 'freedom' I inadvertently want to substitue in 'consumerism' or some related term.

3) Why does a timetable for 'Merica's withdrawal from Iraq necessarily have to be 'artificial?'

Just a few thoughts.

-Matt

p.s. What do those two posting have to do with travel and Hobopoets? Just another reason you might want to Flee the Country! and buy that one way ticket to somewhere! Just another notch on the belt of many reasons you should step outside and go explore another culture, lifestyle, vocation or dream!

No comments: