Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Good Advice

I clearly remember the advice I received from one of my professor's in college.

I had enrolled in a class in classic Greek literature. The whole semester we read the Homer classics The Iliad and the Odyssey. We came to truly know the meaning of the word arete (virtue or reaching your highest potential).

About the first day of class he came in screaming something or other in Greek. Then he finished his impassioned speech in English and said 'The BEST thing you can do is get out of school. Get out of University. And go out into the world and LEARN something!'

I got my degree. I took his advice. I got out into the world. And Ive never looked back!

Thanks Professor. May be the best advice I received in ALL of my University courses combined.

-Matt

No comments: