Sunday, May 08, 2005

End of the Year

When youre a teacher you think in two separate calendars. The regular yearly schedule- January-December and the academic August- June.

The end of the year is coming up.. and I'm looking forward to 2 months of fun: reading, exploring, eating, drinking, swimming, traveling, fishing, running and pursuit of other interests.

My contract is for 185 days a year.. I work a few extra here and there but not many... and as I've said before from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. My goal is to leave school by 3:30 at the latest.

Not bad to work 1/2 the year and have the other 1/2 off.... especially on a pretty decent salary in a foreign country!

There's just simply no need to work everyday... every week...long days... or really even more than half of that.

-Matt

No comments: